Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Seat pre-install

So apparently I'm not carrying my weight info in the blog and have called a slacker. So here's an update on the seat. It showed up during the snowstorm on Monday, thanks to a timely Up's man. I unpacked it Tuesday to get a look at it and make sure it wasn't damaged, its good to wait a day to do this, I swear. And everything looked good, just a tear in the plastic bag from the box holding the bracket.


So the bracket wasn't quite as adjustable as we were lead to believe, and by that I mean its not adjustable at all. It did look nice and had the slider already installed and a nice wrinkle powder coat finish. The first two holes near the door lined up well, and I thought the other front one did, but not so much when I got the bolts in the other two. Its just a little bit off, but nothing a little dremel action won't solve. Now the other back mount looked a little weird. It had a bracket to line up with the seat belt bolt, but it didn't quite line up. Then I noticed another bracket on the bottom, that was covered by the slider piece. Luckily this one lined right up. And yes, the tag says its for a Supra, not an SC400.


Being the lazy bastard I am, I just set the seat in to try it and didn't bother bolting it in. Gotta save something for the guys to do when they show up Saturday at noon. I must say it looks nice.




So then what's a guy to do? Yeah he has to get in, try it, and hold the steering wheel and make VRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOM, VRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOM noises and pretend he's driving. Yes, I did it, and a took a picture to prove it.

And I completely admit this layout is awful, but I'm mad at the stupid picture loading, and had to try it out. So yes, its awful, suck it up, I'll do it different next time. Until then.

1 comment: