Sunday, March 20, 2011

We're all ready to Chump it up at Road America!

The bumper is now relocated over the new tubular bumper. Charles and Pon stitched the bumper back together, and preserved the bear hair yet again. Good work guys, it looks, well, as good as it can.


Here my dad was getting the heater fans (aka computer fans) installed with the adapters. The adapters were going to make it easy to add ducting, but we went another route later.


This view shows the big inlet fan. This will provide "low" fan function, and blow air through the heater core. The computer fans will provide the "high" fan function.


And here's the final location we decided to mount it in. Mounted up off the cage, it let us use some tubing elbow to aim airflow rather then having to run ducting. I hope it works. Actually I hope its warm enough that we don't need it!


Friday night Soren swung by to drop off his mess of wires and switches. When I plugged it in to test it, it worked, so there's a method to madness. Apparently 90s luxury car wiring isn't as straight forward as one would think.


Here's where we got by the end of Saturday. The switches were all mounted, but the car would no longer start. Frustrating...


So after a good nights sleep, some delicious birthday dinner, a clear head prevailed and lead me to the kick panel fuses, where I found two blown fuses. I believe these were the result of working on the cutoff switch with battery power still hooked up. Whoops. So a couple new fuses later, and everything's lit and running. While it was running I even bled the powersteering since we had replaced the hose again.


And here we are, everything's back in the car. We did get all the wire zip-tied away after the pic was taken. So we're all ready to roll. Time to pack the gear and get ready to race. I'll probably take it for a spin tomorrow or Tuesday after work. And yes, I added a couple additional sponsor stickers too.


Big thanks to everyone who helped wrap up the car in the last couple days. Especially my dad, who came up and worked with me all Friday night and all day Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment